Sunday, August 23, 2009

'What does it mean to be a Singaporean.'

Being Singaporean means a whole lot to me.In fact i can not describe it in words.Singapore is special in so many ways.For example our national icon is a hybrid of a mermaid and a lion,The Merlion.For a small country we are actually ne of the best when it comes to technology.Being Singaporean actually brings up a lot of oppurtunities for us.Being multi racial also teaches us valuble experiences.In short ,being singaporean means oppurtunities for me .

Being a young Singaporean i used to wonder why people fought each other.I also realised we are multi racial and that is beneficial for our whole lifes.Singapore has in fact tought me to be a lot better person.Its education not only focuses on general topics like math and science but the education teaches us morally by letting us experience the lesson.I feel that what Singapore can do for me is teach me what is right and wrong so i can better prepare for the world.

If given a chance i would leave Singapores shores to set a better life for myself.Singapore is special ,that i can not deny, but it is also limited so i must leave to find the better.Leaving singapore also gives me a chance to see the world in a different view and how they see us.Leaving singapore gives countries a better chance to strengthen their relations with singapore and therefore to evade war.But no matter how far i travel Singapore remains my true home that is what Singapore is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment